Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By btidey
#75687 I find the Kemet style SMD capacitor work well for decoupling ESP-12 units.

The 6.3V 220uF have low ESR up to 10MHz and beyond at which point the internal ceramic decoupler is taking over.

The units are small and easily solderable direct onto the module at the power end with very small stub wires.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By rudy
#75688 I agree. There are a lot of option as far as brand and value. I feel the important part is using a modern surface mount part and to connect it in a most direct manor. But I feel that most hobbyists would still be using through hole (leaded) electrolytic capacitors and not necessarily with the minimum lead length possible. Like the schematic posted below. I think it is a bad example and I wish there were none of these on the net.

By McChubby007
Maria Sierra wrote:Hi,
i try with higher capacitor value and shorter wires and the issue is still the same.
Is there any way to diagnose a corruption of some part of the ESP8266?
Thank you

Is that with a new module that hasn't been used before? If not, how can you be certain that your old wiring and battery connection did not damage it? And minimise possible variables by trying with a new module. The Li-Ion was potentially over-voltage.