Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By rudy
#75676 As I have said, cable length is a part of your problems. It alone may not be sufficient.

You may want to also add a larger capacitor at the ESP-07. 100uF minimum and up to 470uF. Keep the 22uF. As capacitors get larger in value they lose the ability to provide effective bypass at higher frequencies.

Some people have done tests on current consumption at different supply voltage, and they have found that operating the ESP at the top of it's voltage range (3.6 volts) results in higher current consumption. This is said to drain the battery faster than than operating it at 3.3 volts or lower. I have not performed similar tests, and I am going by what I remember. It would be worth checking into if battery run time is a concern.
By schufti
#75678 with a LiFePO4 that shouldn't be a problem. This cell can provide enogh current even over 10cm cable with a minimum of decoupling and no additional regulation.
wetter_new.JPG

This "mock-up" works flawlessly for over a year now; it was moved over from a breadboard that also worked flawless for over a year before with a ldo on a regular liIon.
wetter_old.JPG

So don't be more catholic than the pope...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By rudy
This cell can provide enough current even over 10cm cable with a minimum of decoupling and no additional regulation.

Because you have decent decoupling as close to the ESP8266 as you could.

The wire length is not in itself problem, proper decoupling/bypass is.