Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By whats_up_skip
#76120 Is anyone using these relatively new [ur=https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5x7CM-50x70mm-Double-Side-Prototype-PCB-Board-Breadboard-Protoshield-For-Arduino-Relay-ESP8266-WIFI-ESP-12F/32840964903.htmll] double sided prototype PCB boards for ESP8266F & ESP32 modules[/url]?

I am just looking for inspiration and tips on using these, particularly layout and basic components used.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By rudy
#76132 I have bought some of the bigger one (larger board) and used one for a ESP32. They are cheap and an useful way to make a development board with the items you want on it. I think it could have been done better. Like connecting some rows of pads for the 3.3 volt power. It has a relay footprint that might be useful for some people.

They are far from ideal, but they are useable. I think the bigger board is better as it gives you more room to add things. And if you need to fit it into an enclosure you can always cut it down. The difference in price is small.
By rudy
#76138 All of my modules are ESP-12. None of the PCBs that I have these on include USB to serial chips. I use external USB-Serial converters. I rarely use the 3.3 volt output from the USB to serial converter. The converters I use have sufficient power for driving these modules. (not FTDI 3.3v outputs)

Most of my modules include a 3.3 volt linear regulator. On the board (like the above board) I have included a through hole 3.3 volt regulator. I always put the regulators as close as I can to the VCC and GND pins of the modules.

I'll try and take a picture and post it later.