Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By stealthtransam
#76574 So I see some differences between the S2 and -02 modules but I'm looking on both expressif's webpage and Mouser electronics and they also have the -02 and 02D and 02U. I can't seam to find anything different between them and the D and U model share the same datasheet. It appears the D and U are the same price but the 02 is cheaper then the D and U. Does anyone know the differences between these?
By rudy
#76575 The U has an antenna connector, the D has a PCB antenna. The antenna network on the 2 is different than the D/U. Also there is an added resistor in series with the TX line on the D/U module.
By rudy
#76637 One can assume it would be better, or at least not worse. Hard to say since the specifications are the same. But it might just be minor tweaks that may be harder to quantify.

While it may be an omnidirectional antenna that doesn't mean it has a perfectly consistent pattern all around. Who knows. If you really want to know send and email to Espressif.