Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By opale7000
#77506 Hello ESP fans.

I have purchased this WIFI relay module https://www.ebay.ca/itm/5V-Wifi-Relay-Module-ESP8266-ESP-01S-SRD-5VDC-SL-C-for-DIY-TOI-ControllerATF/142755085077?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

To be noticed that this is not the model with jumpers and MC on relay board. This is simply an ESP8266 with a relay board.

Can someone confirm that I can use this module as is without me having to alter or use jumpers on this unit. I am expecting a separate esp8266 programmer shortly.

Can someone provide me with a sample arduino script that I can use please or can I use espeasy?

Thank you.
By schufti
#77508 maybe yes - maybe no
since they show two different modules without further description or chance to correlate with the order selection ... but I think chances are good, both look like accepting 5V supply, onboard 3.3V regulator and directly operating from single gpio
By PtrO
#77580 In order to use this great :mrgreen: module in free projects and allow the inserted (8 pin) ESP-E01 to boot from flash, one must modify (aka solder) the relay board. You must have to remova a (small SMD) 10K resistor that holds GPIO0 down and wire the CHPD (chippowerdown) pin to VCC (3.3v).

In addition, what I did, was rewire the onboard reset-switch to the GPIO2 pin so I can press a button. When I need to reset the unit, I simply repower-on.