Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By jgarnold
#11177 I recently had some breadboard adapters made for the ESP-07/12 at OSH Park. 2mm header pins are soldered into the ESP module and then matching 2mm SIP sockets are used to mount the ESP to the adapter (this is the same method used by nearly all XBee radio modules). High quality .020" round machine pin headers are used to mount the adapter to the breadboard (standard .025" square pins tend to ruin the spring terminals inside the breadboard). Uses standard .300" DIP-16 spacing.

I have about a dozen extra adapters if anybody is interested (you'll have to assemble them yourself). I also have two additional ESP8266 development boards being made by OSH Park right now (all of the boards use the same 2mm header mounting solution). I'll post photos when I receive them in about two weeks.

ESP8266Adapter04.jpg

ESP8266Adapter03.jpg

ESP8266Adapter02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By jgarnold
#12579 Here's my latest breadboard adapter. Connects to USB through an FTDI adapter. Has a 3.3V 250ma regulator and reset/program buttons. I ordered prototypes for another version that supports a 500/800ma regulator.

ESP8266TeeAdapter3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.