Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Renaud
#79345 Hello,

I try to connect a Micro Oled screen https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/micro-oled-breakout-hookup-guide/all to an ESP-12E without success.
I've set
CS to 9
RST to 10
D/C to 11
SCK to 15
SDI to 13

In the software:
#define PIN_RESET 10 // Connect RST to pin 9 (req. for SPI and I2C)
#define PIN_DC 13 // Connect DC to pin 8 (required for SPI)
#define PIN_CS 14 // Connect CS to pin 10 (required for SPI)
//#define DC_JUMPER 0 // (I2C only) Set to either 0 or 1, matching the value of the DC Jumper

// Declare a MicroOLED object. The parameters include:
// 1 - Reset pin: Any digital pin
// 2 - D/C pin: Any digital pin (SPI mode only)
// 3 - CS pin: Any digital pin (SPI mode only, 10 recommended)
MicroOLED oled(PIN_RESET, PIN_DC, PIN_CS);

Thank you for your help!
Renaud
By rudy
#79349 Try with these pin assignments

I don't have one of those displays so I don't know if there would be any other issues. But you can't use the pins that you have used. For SPI use the purple pins as in the picture. Do not use the connections to the bottom edge of the ESP-12.
By schufti
#79353 be aware that the numbering in the graphic is not the best. It uses the real gpio numbers but in nodemcu notation (starting with D) so what you see here as D16 is in reality gpio16 and would be D0 on nodemcu (that is only accepted in Arduino IDE when noemcu is selected. With other (generic) boards selected one uses onl plain numbers representing gpio# (not physical package pin#).
ESP-12F.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.