Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By mano1979
#11303 Hey guys! I made a PCB for the ESP-07 and ESP-12 modules, that converts 5V to 3.3V where needed and it has a button to get into flash mode (pulls down GPIO0 to GND) and has pull- up -down for all the needed pins. A choice to pull down the rx or tx pin to 3.3V (sometimes they seem to be switched on the module) , all pins broken out to a" ** breadboard compatible" header and a led for power indication.
**This board is too wide to fit a normal breadboard. You need 2 breadboards, or dupont cables.

20150325_162803.jpg

The board is singlesided so easy to make at home.
The Voltage regulator is an AMS1117 wich should be the same as the (used in eagle) LM1117.
All components are SMD. If there is enough interest, i can make some component kits (without pcb).

:!: THIS BOARD IS FREE FOR PERSONAL USE AND MAY NOT BE SOLD OR MASS PRODUCED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

*THIS BOARD NOW HAS BEEN TESTED!!
EVERYTHING WORKS AS IT SHOULD.

20150325_175354.jpg

***UPDATED TO V3 !!!

Here is the new design (V3) with the diode D2 removed. (Due to inconsistend ground planes)

PCB IMG.png

SCHEMATIC IMG.png

Eagle files are attached incl. libraries here:

(CURRENT VERSION V3)
ESP8266 V3.zip

(OLD VERSION V2)
removed...

(OLD VERSION V1)
removed...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mano1979 on Sun May 17, 2015 6:59 am, edited 9 times in total.
By EadF
#11311 Would't it be good to have a permanent pull-down on GPIO15, and a pull-up on GPIO0?
- you know, for those rare cases when the esp decides to reset itself ;)
The GPIO0 pull-up would have to be converted to a pull-down during flash though.

And a pull-up on RST pin does wonders for stability in noisy environments (it's a radio transmitter after all).
I once had an esp-1 that i could reset by just waving my hand above it, since then i always add a reset pullup and the problem has disappeared.
By mano1979
#11312 So in normal mode the gpio0 needs to be high? And with flashing pulled to ground?

And gpio15 needs to be low in any case?

And yes the reset pullup is a good idea.

I will update the files in the first post as soon as i get it done.