Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By jra
#11647 The following lists about all of the combinations depending on what parts you have/are available where you live (NPN, PNP, N/P channel MOSFET):

http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/blo ... rcuit.html

Which model relay are you using? If it is a 3V Songle (SRD-03VDC-SL-C or something like that) it will take 120-150 ma to energize. Make sure your power supply has enough to supply that and the ESP. A large capacitor to even out the spike when you trigger the relay would help.
By Toshi Bass
#11649 Just in case you need an easy option, I successfully use these type of relay breakout boards, connect trigger (center pin on board directly to the gpio pin) and 5v and common ground to feed the relay (2 outer pins on board), works without problem since December 2014, being high level trigger means when gpio is low relay is off, when high its on, unlike most relay breakout boards were its opposite.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By datasung
#11654 I was struggling with the same problems.
I was trying to drive a chinese relays board witn an a esp-12 on a breadboard.
It turned out is was a combination of factors that caused the problem.
In my case is was not using a correct pullup resistor for the reset pin, many long dupond wires and a power supply
that did not provide enough power.
First changed the power supply this made things better, second i used short connections on the breadboard witch brought some improvement, third i used a propper pullup resistor for the reset pin.
After that things where stable.
I attached a picture of my setup, one breadboard power adapter is used for a 5 volt rail the other for the 3.3 volt rail.
The relays boad is driving a 500 Watt lamp, no problems switching the load on and of.
Before the changes de esp module kept resetting like crazy.

Gr, Data Sung.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By alon24
#11685 that's a nice breadboard, do u have a link to buy it?

also, where do I get the power connector, not the thing on the breadboard, but the connector for the power supply, do u have a link?