Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By ROUGEXIII
#82910 Hi,

I wanted to test my new ESP-03 modules but unfortunately I can't get them working with arduino IDE (I just program some ESP-07 with success)
I buy 2 of them on aliexpress for less of 2$ each.
I thought I was lucky when I received my ESP-03 cause instead of having a 512K memory chip soldered there was a 1M instead (25D80).
A)=> Do I have something special to do to program them except choosing the right memory size?
ESP-03-ArduinoIDE.jpg

I have no problem while in flashmode, and while uploading the sketch. But once the chip goes in runmode I see the consumption rising and after getting some bad characters, I get watchdog error loop or some memory flushing display. The program is not running.
I do a simple text display on serial with delay => Don't work, but sometimes (I can get some text with luck but quickly stops.)
I do a simple blink on GPIO14 => don't work, the led is on (not really fully bright as when I don't use it with this GPIO), it pass off and then problem back.

B)=>What can do the consumption up in runningmode, an internal short circuit? Or my wiring is wrong?
ESP-03-Prog-.jpg

In running mode I get a voltage drop (3.3->2.8) probably meaning that the limit of my LDO regulator are reached. Immediately after going back in flashmode I get my 3.3V back.
Sometimes pushing and relaxing the disable button is enough to get the 3.3V back sometimes not (while the button is pushed I always get the 3.3V cause the chip is not enabled)

C)=>could I have broken my modules? Or can they came bad? (I don't think so cause I buy them at the same time from the same seller with good reviews)

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad English.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.