Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By YoHidden
#12171 Hi everyone,

After searching around all over this place, I've got quite a mess of info from many unofficial sources and really I do not know if I know something.... :?

My concern is this. Does anyone have an official datasheet for the new 16 pin ESP8266-07 module ? Is it the same module ESP-12 but with a different antenna configuration ? I've got some of these modules from an Aliexpress supplier but don't know yet how to connect them, apart from the (almost) obvious power connections... I really appreciate all the work that many users have done and shared in this community forum, but... is there any official technical info about this module ?

This info should include (at least for the hardware part)....
    - Detailed pin function explanation.
    - Power / Boot scenarios (since it seems that this module has different behaviours).
    - Detailed land pattern info in order to make the proper part library in the PCB design software.
    - (and whatever any other hardware info may be necessary to simply use the module)

This module has been manufactured by somebody, so this somebody should have this info available for customers so their module can be safely used. In particular, my module is from AI THINKER (whose web is entirely in Chinese and no English translation available) and still trying to get info from them and from the Aliexpress supplier selling the module, but still awaiting for an answer.... During my search around I've come to some PDF information but mostly they are generic for ESP8266 modules (so useless) and the ones that seemed to be more promising were entirely in Chinese... but how can this be for a product which is being sold internationally ??

Has anyone followed already this way ? Any tech doc to share ? Obviously I will post here anything I could get from this manufacturer/vendor people....

Or I may be missing something obvious....

Regards.