Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Ertan Kucukoglu
#88466 Hello,

I am new to the forum. I have not deep knowledge about ESP8266. I used it as a hobby before.

Now, there is that project where I need to use correct time using NTP. Read 1D barcodes which actually has unix time as data. Convert that data to time and trigger a relay if time difference between time on barcode data and clock time is not more than 3 hours.

Actually, I provided a solution using Raspberry Pi Zero W. However, it is less than a month and I got my first problem already and want to switch to a more robust solution not using sdcard or etc.

I have to use following scanner which has USB connection:
https://www.newland-id.com/product/fm100/

I already have several NodeMCU (different versions), but I can change it to another Esp8266 if necessary.

I could not figure how I can connect barcode scanner to esp8266 and write a code for reading scanned barcode. I could not find any usb host that is commercially available. I know there is arduino usb host shield but I honestly don't know if it is compatible and how to code for reading from.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Ertan