Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By fdf
#93692 Hello,
Did you finally get around the problem? You are not alone, I face the same problem, and I suspect there is a small glitch somewhere, because it is a pretty frequent equipment. In addition I have tried each component separately and they work...

I bought the same type of equipment ESP01S+DHT22 on the same board, and fail to have it working with the code provided by the seller (he took it from the website of another seller).
I had an ESP 01, so I tried changing the ESP-01S by the 01, and it works fine (with my own code, and the code provided by the seller.

I got frustrated, and tried few thing. I have an USB connector to plug the ESP to the computer and upload code, or use the serial monitor.
When I use this, with the ESP01-S, all start, I can access the ESP through Wifi, its server is up.
Obviously, the DHT22 is not found as not plugged.
When I use the same USB to power it from a USB charger (not a computer), I have the same result, wifi and server up.
When I use the board, Wifi is not up (doesn't answer to a ping command)
Then I tried to power the ESP01-S direcly without the board, and the wifi and server is up.

So it seems the board prevent the proper start of the ESP01-S, but not the one of the ESP01. The power is delivered to the ESP then, and actually enough to have a blink of the blue led...

So, again, I am wondering what can be the cause, and if you have any clues on that?
Thanks