Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Inq720
#93849 I've seen that SOS pattern several times...
(1) When I upgraded to Windows 10 a monthly update caused the problem a couple of years back. That what I was searching for when I sent you that link.
(2) I was doing intentional flash memory erase/write/read abuse tests on all the "disk" sectors of an ESP-01 until I was hoping just one sector would fail. Once one sector failed, the whole processor became unusable and did that SOS pattern. It seemed like an invalid test considering that I was only doing the disk sectors and not a critical Espressif sector nor the Program sector. I destroyed three ESP-01s the same way... same results.
(3) I'm sure if you have some wiring on your board, you would have mentioned it... but if you have some of the pins pulled the wrong way at boot time, it'll do exactly what you're showing. Ask me how I know? :D That one took he hours to finally figure out. Dah!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.