Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Inq720
#94154 Let's see if I can summarize what you have tried:
  1. Two different development environments (Windows and Linux) that you know have successfully programmed any ESP8266 type board in the past.
  2. I ordered two such boards from another vendor (received in 2 days during this thread, started 2 weeks ago) and they worked with no-fuss and no driver updates. Windows recognized this CP2104 chip unlike the CH340.
  3. You don't have any other electronics that are pulling a pin the wrong way.
  4. No obvious shorts of the pins... like laying the board on a metal topped table.
  5. Have you programmed a known good ESP board (TODAY, not last year) on either of these development environments???? - This will confirm that the environments are still good AND that the USB cable is good.

The fact that all three MiniPros are bad, does point to some other issue.

However, it seems you have exhausted all that the combined efforts of this forum has to offer.
... except... contacting the vendor and getting your money back and moving on.

I've made hundreds of purchases over the years on ebay. I only buy from those with over 99% recommendations (as you have this time). I've only had three failed items and every time the vendor refunded immediately without complaint rather than risk me giving a negative review.