Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Inq720
#93968 Sorry about that... I have a lot of the WeMos D1 Minis and they're all CH340. I just now looked up this pro version... 16MB I got get me some of these. Although my first hit https://www.wemos.cc/en/latest/d1/d1_mini_pro.html showed at least this vendor's version uses the CH340 and it sounds like with your troubles... I may not want to get that vendor's version.
By Inq720
kinlougha wrote:Hello Inq720,

The serial chip on the MiniPro was CP2104, not CH340.
You can see that the serial chip respond to the inquiry from the IDE

BN: Carte inconnue
VID: 10C4
PID: EA60
SN: Envoyez un croquis pour l'obtenir

It's not a driver problem.
It's something else between the serial chip and the ESP.

I'm more of a software guy... What is in that output that tells you its a CP2104? I'm not seeing it. I'm sure you're right, I just trying to figure what says CP2104.

I thing it's a hardware problem like bad choice of part on the board or a design flaw, don't forget it's a chinese clone.

I think this is a philosophical question... is there a difference between a Chinese product and a Chinese clone of Chinese product? :lol:

Can i be able to bypass the serial chip to upload some firmware on the ESP8266.

I once blew up a CH340 based WeMos and just for curiosity, I de-soldered the ESP8266MOD daughter board off the WeMos motherboard and plugged it into a programmer made for ESP-07s with its own CH340. It worked like a champ. Also, once you get the first Sketch uploaded (that has OTA) on it, from then on, you can do your uploads via WiFi.