Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By RichardS
#14010 If its a 1.5V source, a transistor will eat probably 0.4V of it, you need to use a FET, I use IRLML6401's or 2502's all the time, small SOT23 package and I think 4A current max..... they are a good univeral FET.

Richard.
By alonewolfx2
admin wrote:If its a 1.5V source, a transistor will eat probably 0.4V of it, you need to use a FET, I use IRLML6401's or 2502's all the time, small SOT23 package and I think 4A current max..... they are a good univeral FET.

Richard.

thank you for response Richard. can i use 1.5v souce with IRLM2502(4.2A) and esp8266. with or without resistor ?
By lethe
alonewolfx2 wrote:thank you for response Richard. can i use 1.5v souce with IRLM2502(4.2A) and esp8266. with or without resistor ?

Typically* you don't need a resistor to drive a FET. Unlike BJTs, which amplify a current, FETs change their resistance based on the gate voltage. The gate-source current is negligible (usually in the 100nA range) and does not need to be limited by a resistor.

*) for fast switching rates you might need a pull-down resistor on the gate, to discharge the capacitance of the pins & trace