Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By gerardwr
rvtk wrote:
gerardwr wrote:I read somewhere here to use an SDK call for getting a CPU timer, but fail to find it again. Anyone remember this post?

I found the following on https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/blob ... ference.md:
Code: Select allESP.getCycleCount() returns the cpu instruction cycle count since start as an unsigned 32-bit. This is useful for accurate timing of very short actions like bit banging.

Does that help?

Yep that's it, thanks! I forgot where I saw it.

Will try the coming week to replace the current pulse-timing using micros() with getCycleCount and test if this makes my code more reliable in receiving 433Mhz pulse trains.
By gerardwr
gerardwr wrote:
rvtk wrote:I tried the fuzzilogic code for the reception of 433 mhz rf remotes. I didn't get the example ShowReceivedCode (RemoteSwitch) to work.

Same result here, did not work for me either. Attached my RF receiver to ESP8266-GPIO2 and changed the sketch accordingly.

Update 25-07-2015.
After installing the Latest Stable release (dated 23 jul 2015) from ESP8266-Arduino I re-tested the ShowReceivedCode (from RemoteSwitch) and this works now!!

Also tried the ShowReceivedCode example (from NewRemoteSwitch) but had no success there (yet).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.