Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By rew
#15471 The current PCB does not support the 1702 pinout. I'll get me a 1702, patch it on one of the PCBs and see what happens.....

P.S. IF the ESP8266 consumes bursts of "1A", then the MCP1702 is exceeding its "absolute maximum rating" of 500mA output current. The datasheet doesn't mention any conditions for that maximum, (e.g. if it lasts less than 100 microseconds then it's ok), so the chip has the "right" to stop working at any moment.....
By rew
#16081 Due to yesterday being a holliday here(*), I only got the '1702s today. I patched one of them on. Still dropouts close to 2.2V. I then put two in parallel... Still I get drops below 2.5V. Not acceptable in my eyes.

More testing: it is definitively NOT a dropout. It works fabiously when the input voltage is around 3.3V. However, if the battery is full, say around 4.0V, then I still get big diversions from the 3V we're supposed to be seeing. (at first I was deferring the "dropout testing" till later.....)

(*) (Some time passed between writing that and posting the message).
By trackerj
rew wrote:Due to yesterday being a holliday here(*), I only got the '1702s today. I patched one of them on. Still dropouts close to 2.2V. I then put two in parallel... Still I get drops below 2.5V. Not acceptable in my eyes.

More testing: it is definitively NOT a dropout. It works fabiously when the input voltage is around 3.3V. However, if the battery is full, say around 4.0V, then I still get big diversions from the 3V we're supposed to be seeing. (at first I was deferring the "dropout testing" till later.....)

(*) (Some time passed between writing that and posting the message).

Strange enough. For thr records, can you please confirm again what ESP module model are you using and source if possible. A lot of crap this days on the market, we are paying the price for the big success of ESP8266...

This is how is looking my ESP07 module power consumption. It's running a I2C temp sensor (MCP9808), a web server accessed directly every minute from a raspberry and also it is doing periodically upload on thingspeak.com.

temp_logger_webserver_power_consumption_2.jpg

Where you see it staying steady up to maximum, it's a WI-FI data burst. Don't know what to say more.

As soon as I find some free time I will take a look after the old ESP01 modules that I have somewhere around.

Quite curious about. To the end of the day, it's the same Chip, or not ? :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.