Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By madias
#16067 Hello,
I received my ESP-01 and cannot get it to work:
Tried out different firmwares (AT, lua, even native with arduino IDE) and I get following problems:
Best description with the Arduino API:
Installed arduino esp8266 (both: only the hardware file and the whole api)
Upload works every time ok, a simple Serial test (print text, numbers) works frictionless, BUT
when I try out any of the examples with WIFI the result is the same:
garbage serial return (equal what baud rate I set) and the ESP isn't working and wont set up a webserver.
The same occurs with any AT firmware: I have serial access to it, but when I connected the modul to a router it sometimes works for a few seconds/minutes and the no reply (even serial or with IP adress)
It's sounds like a power supply problem, but I tried many things out: different jumper cables, caps, elkos, checked the LED resistors (there are modules with 4.7Ohm instead of 4.7K!), pins (GPIO0,2,CH-PD,RST) via 10k to 3.3V - also all variations (pins floating, connected...) , two different ESP-01, about 4 different USB-serial dongles (FTDI, usbasp, no name dongles...) different power supplies, -at least even a "clean" 18700 lithium ion battery (2200mha, 3.8V), but the behavior is the same.
I think, I have a faulty ESP-01 charge which distrubs itself when setting up the WIFI part.

Is there anything I maybe missed?

Thank you and regards
Matthias