Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By alonewolfx2
#18530 if it under $20 with shipping, i want to :)
By GeorgeIoak
#18562 I did consider that but I initially thought the NodeMCU board would be very popular and I wanted t keep the same size and pinout. There wasn't any room if I wanted to keep the same size.

Personally I think the best option is to eliminate mounting the ESP-12 module and instead just mount the ESP8266EX chip directly on this board. My board is 4 layers so I have much better power and ground than the 2 layer modules. If I mounted the ESP8266EX chip directly the cost would be the same but I would have control over the design as well as extra space to mount other circuits like the USB serial chip and maybe a 4 channel ADC if there was interest.
By torntrousers
#19025 I've been thinking about this board. What is most interesting and useful to me is the BQ25505. What i'd like is just the cheapest simplest board with a BQ25505, i guess the TPS63011, and pads to add an ESP-07/ESP-12 as its nice to have the flexibility of pcb or external antenna. Anything extra over that isn't needed IMHO and would increase the cost.