Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By LastSamurai
martinayotte wrote:Your connection between CH_PD and GPIO15 thru C1 looks a bit strange since CH_PD needs to be pulled-up and GPIO15 needs to be pulled-down for normal operation.

Oh, I think I have to redo the plan, its kinda hard to see where lines are actually connected and where they just cross in this picture. But yeah, I guess I have to add 10k pulldowns between CH_PD and 3.3V and GPIO15 and GND. The condensator should just connect VCC and GND.
Thanks! I will add a new version later today or tomorrow.
By LastSamurai
#19602 Here is my new version. I tried to incorporate all your advice. Did I miss something else?
Still not sure what to do with the adc pin if I don't need to use it.

GeorgeIoak wrote:C1 in your diagram shows 100nF but that should be 100uF. If you place your regulator close to the ESP module you should be able to just use the 100uF on it's ouput but it won't hurt to have 2 100uF caps if you have them.

Are you sure? Other ICs I worked with (mainly atmega ones) need 100nF near the VCC/GND pins and bigger caps only on the main power lines.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.