Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By GeorgeIoak
#19865 Hi Johan:

I will be posting everything soon as well as ordering prototypes to confirm the design. I'm having 2nd thoughts on the regulator I selected and am considering switching to a different regulator. I'm considering this because the one I chose doesn't support ceramic caps on the output but offered a higher current rating than the part I'm considering now.

No, I use Altium, not KiCAD but I can provide STEP models of the completed design.

George
By GeorgeIoak
#23027 I got sidetracked on a couple of other designs but I just did some preliminary testing of this module and everything looks good so far. The circuit works down to 1.8V (possibly lower but I need more testing). Another nice feature of this design is that is not only can boost the voltage to 3.3V it can also lower the voltage, effectively, any input voltage from 1.8V to 5.5V results in a regulated 3.3V output.

The timer circuit also appears to be working well although I didn't add a super easy was to change the timer interval so to change from the default 1 minute interval you would have to replace a resistor. I'm not sure how many people would be interested in this portion of the circuit so with a jumper it can be completely bypassed.

Take a look at the attached design files and provide comments. I did design a 2nd version of this board with a lower cost regulator so I'll be building that one up next.

Let me know if anyone wants to be beta testers, I'll have the solar board, this board, and the lower cost battery booster board.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By GeorgeIoak
#23943 Hi Pawel

We ship goods worldwide so it's not a problem to ship to Poland but using USPS 1st Class mail will take some time to get to you. The cost can be less than $5 for something like this so it just depends if the delivery is delayed or not.

I'm trying to finish up another design and then I'll get back to this design and the other ESP boards I have designed and built prototypes for.

BR,
George