Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Volgamer
Lotus wrote:Hi,
I've been struggling with the RESET (pin 32) and CHIP_EN (pin 7) connections on the ESP8266 (esp-03 module).

CHIP_EN:
I initially tried a 10 kohm pull up to Vcc on this pin and it causes random resets, sometimes into an unknown state where I see >500mA current drawn on Vcc with the IC getting very hot. I have subsequently connected the CHIP_EN pin directly to Vcc to fix this issue. What are the specs for this pin!? The latest user guide shows a 5.1 kohm pullup and 10 kohm pulldown presumably for enable and disable respectively? Or can I directly connect this pin to Vcc and GND?

RESET:
I notice this pin is extremely sensitive to noise pickup causing device resets. I have tried an external 1 kohm pull up with a 100 nF caps with no real luck. I notice the user guide has an external 5.1 kohm pull up and 100 pF cap, maybe this will filter noise better?

Hello everybody, my name is Volgamer and I'm new in this forum. I have the same problem that Lotus and kolban. My ESP8266-01 drawn a lot of current (>500 mA) and obviously it stops working because is damaged (and very very hot). I have 3 modules and works well few days, but suddenly break. All voltages are correct.
I have look for any solution for this, and I have found this hardware user guide where indicates that must be a delay between power supply and CHIP_EN, otherwise pulsed current might be produced. (page 14)

http://akizukidenshi.com/download/ds/es ... N_v1.1.pdf

I'm waiting new modules, I will make a software delay of a few miliseconds in my next test.

Best regards.

(Sorry if my english isn't perfect)