Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By cnlohr
#22527 I don't believe GPIO2, or GPIO15 needs to be dedicated in such a fashion. As far as I can remember, they are only used in other unusual flash modes. Does anyone know if NODEMCU uses them for anything specific?
By nadirsert
cnlohr wrote:I don't believe GPIO2, or GPIO15 needs to be dedicated in such a fashion. As far as I can remember, they are only used in other unusual flash modes. Does anyone know if NODEMCU uses them for anything specific?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Getting ... nnections/ this is what ı made
By kenn
nadirsert wrote:I use nodemcu and esp8266-12.For thıs module to get work ı must use GPIO2-GPOI15 thıs makes two pın unusable for me.Is ıt possıble to use all gpios usıng nodemcu

It's important that GPIO #s 0,2 and 15 are set as directed AT TIME OF POWER-UP or RESET, but once the ESP has started your app, you can then use those GPIOs for something else. The trick is how to reasonably use those last GPIOs without requiring complex outboard circuitry to manage the startup conditions.
By martinayotte
nadirsert wrote:I just want to understand why cant ı use these pins.I dont use nodemcu modules just esp8266-12 board.

Of course you can used them ! ;) But what I said is that if you need even more, you can add an expander ...