Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Saroz
jgarnold wrote:The lowest current LDO that I've found is the Microchip MCP1700/1702 series. They only use about 1uA when idle and can deliver 250mA from a TO-92 package. I use them to supply 3.3V to a board with an XBee radio, ATtiny84 controller, and CHIPCAP2 temp/humidity sensor. The entire board only uses 18uA when the XBee, ATtiny, and sensor are sleeping. Powered by three Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA batteries, which have a shelf life of 20 years!

-Jeff

TempHumiditySensor_BatteryBox3.jpg

Dear Jeff,

Can you share the circuit diagram for that TO-92(Output:250mA and 3.3v) and looking for that solution long time, But now i got from you and thank you.

-saroz
By tve
#28618 I really like the LM3671 switching regulator for the esp8266. It has a higher quiescent current (16uA) but being a switching regulator it is more efficient when the power is on and stays nice and cool. In the end it depends on what your duty cycle is and whether the power-off or the power-on phase dominates.