Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By rohan_07
#22560 Hi,
when i power on my arduino uno and connect it with the esp8266 via the connections
txd arduino - rxd esp
rxd arduino - txd esp
gnd arduino - gnd esp
suppy rduino - vcc and chpd esp,
the red and the blue led do not switch on.Could someone tell me what is the problem and what should i do to rectify it.
Thanks.
By kolban
#22581 What voltage are you applying to the ESP VCC?

Note that the Arduino TX and RX labels are the direction for FROM ... so for example, the TX label on the Arduino means FROM TX.

Some photographs of your connections may help.
By rohan_07
#22658 There was a probem with esp8266.I changed it and now the led is working perfectly.
But the wifi module is not sending a signal back.When i write the commands on the serial monitor it doesnt send an OK back to me.
Could you help me with this.
Thanks.
By kolban
#22685 It is good forum practice not to have a second unrelated question in the same topic thread ... feel free to create as many new threads as needed ... one for each question or problem ... but please don't ask new unrelated questions in the same thread ... new folks who come along won't be able to find the Q&A based on the thread subject line.

So with that said ... take your question to this thread ... if it doesn't already give you the answer:

http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3755&p=21631