Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Tired2
#23887 I've now tried with additional USB powered hubs... The AT command firmware seems to work, however once I flash nodemcu with the default settings from here:

https://github.com/nodemcu/nodemcu-flas ... lasher.exe

(I've tried many other options)...

I get the same results.... wdt reset at 115k baud. If I hold the chip, touching most of the pins, it boots nodemcu, but then resets a few seconds later still.

I'm going to try to get another board I guess to see if the problem follows.

/Disappointed so far :(

Edit: New chip arrives in one week. Hopefully it is just an obscure hardware problem, if not I'll read some more.
By Tired2
#24338 Hi folks.

Hopefully someone can help. I got a fresh chip from a different vendor... The AT command set came up properly. I tried to connect up to my AP, and again it goes into a reset loop. Here is the output, then it reboots and this continues on:

Code: Select allPORT OPEN 115200

Communication with MCU...
..Got answer! AutoDetect firmware...

Can't autodetect firmware, because proper answer not received.
boot mode:(3,6)

wdt reset
load 0x40100000, len 816, room 16
tail 0
chksum 0x8d
load 0x3ffe8000, len 788, room 8
tail 12
chksum 0xcf
ho 0 tail 12 room 4
load 0x3ffe8314, len 288, room 12
tail 4
chksum 0xcf
csum 0xcf

2nd boot version : 1.2
  SPI Speed      : 40MHz
  SPI Mode       : QIO
  SPI Flash Size : 4Mbit
jump to run user1

rlÇCÿ
Ai-Thinker Technology Co. Ltd.

invalid

Surely an incorrect or invalid wifi password would not throw it into wdt reset loops, right?

I can this this out of it right before it reboots:

Code: Select allAT+GMR

AT version:0.21.0.0
SDK version:0.9.5

OK

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
By Tired2
#24342 Okay, looks like I got it going... I flashed the default nodemcu firmware from the flasher... and I could talk to the chip without resets once again.

I connected up to another access point with a null password, and it worked fine.

I think it does not like my wifi password, as I fed it the hex value of my key instead of a passphrase. I'm no wifi guru, but I figured it would detect that I gave it 26 hex chars and go with it... every other system does.

I'm scared to try the other AP currently on nodemcu since that is what forced my last chip into continuous resets, but I'll get brave after I get some code written.