Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By WolfReverse
#24328 Hi everyone, i'm trying to communicate with my new esp-12. I've connected it through my FTDI to my computer like this:
Vcc---3.3v
CH_PD---3.3v
GPIO2---3.3v
GPIO15---GND
GND---GND
RX---TX
TX---RX

When i try using ESPlorer(74880 baudrate) to send AT i don't receive nothing... i don't know why, but when i restart my module i receive this:
Code: Select allets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

load 0x40100000, len 816, room 16
tail 0
chksum 0xef
load 0x00000000, len 0, room 8
tail 0
chksum 0xef
load 0x00000000, len 0, room 0
tail 0
chksum 0xef
csum 0xef
csum err
ets_main.c

It looks like RX of esp is broken, but i'll wait your answer.
By kolban
#24331 Make sure GPIO0 is also pulled high for normal booting. I am not familiar with ESPlorer ... have you tried a different Serial terminal emulator? What "exactly" are you typing and what are you expecting to be returned? It also may be that the USB -> UART device isn't supplying sufficient power. I recommend using an external voltage source.
By WolfReverse
#24336 Thank you for your response. I've tried using an external power supply, trying to connect gpio0 to 3.3v during the boot up but nothing changes. I'm trying to send "AT" and "AT+RST" and i'm expecting to be returned "OK" in the first case and to see the module restarting in the second one.
By kolban
#24337 Some terminal emulators don't send the CR/LF at the end. See if you can find if /r/n is being sent with your text. AT commands expect those as terminators and if don't receive them, don't know to start processing the command.