Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By martinayotte
#1909 Unfortunately, on my Unbuntu 12.04, EVince doesn't let me see, even in ReadOnly, the first PDF nor the second one without entering password ... :(
Strangely, Acrobat on Windows is working !
By jonsmirl
#1910 Document Viewer in Ubuntu 14.04 is eVince renamed. It works fine, that is what I am using. Old versions of eVince couldn't handle PDFs containing Chinese characters, that may be the problem you are hitting. I don't see any Chinese characters in the document but it may be marked for a Chinese character set. Chinese characters in the document could throw off the parsing and make it think there is a password when there isn't one.

Chrome has a built in PDF viewer, try File/Open the PDF with Chrome. Drag/drop may work too.
By Didier9
Squonk wrote:Absolutely, and given that the ESP-xx boards are using 2-layer PCBs vs. 4-layer in the Espressif tiny board reference design, and also probably crystal with > +/- 10 ppm accuracy, these board manufacturers know that they won't pass FCC without raising significantly the price...

One thing to keep in mind is that FCC certification does not mean that the product actually works or meets its own specs. It means that it meets the FCC specs that require that type accepted products do not cause unacceptable interference to other users. A very poor design could meet FCC requirements while being unusable.
By DasBasti
#8755 What about the EUT pictures given? They do nothing look like the modules. Sure the Chip might be there, but isn't the type of antenna also significant for FCC and other certification :?: