Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Ikarisan
#25201 Hmmmm... the network is stable if I flash the AT firmware and call

Code: Select allAT+CWMODE=1
AT+CWJAP="myssid","secret"

After that I can ping the ESP for hours without one single "host unreachable" message.
The response time is always between 1ms and 3ms.

But as soon as I use the HTTPServer example sketch I am getting the network/temperature problems.
And the response time for a ping varies between 2ms and 180ms.

The same problems occur if I use the DHT11 example code and send my temperatures
to Thingspeak (every minute). Within one hour there are at least three gaps (1-4 minutes long) in the sent data.

I tested the sketches with 8 different ESP8266 modules bought from three different dealers.
All modules are showing the same issue. :( Not all are getting hot. But there are always timeslots within those the ESP is dead on the WIFI. I can see these events in the access point's log. It tells me "WiFi device is not responding".

Maybe it's not an hardware issue but a firmware bug?!
By martinayotte
#25205 Can you confirm that your using 10K pullup resistors like in the schematic your provided above ?
(Because if you are shorting the GPIO pins directly to VCC or GND, it can lead to serious problems)
Which firmware are you using for HTTPServer ? Is that the one from ArduinoIDE ?
By Ikarisan
#25216 Hi!

Yes, they are all of 10k, 1%.

And yes, for the web server I am using the example HelloServer from the Arduino IDE. And I never modified the IDE's SDK.

For my temperature client I started with the "DHTtester" sketch and modified it in a way that it sends the data to ThinSpeak.