Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By powerlord
#25799 With the increase in available memory and clock speed , it should make interfacing with a basic camera like the ov7650 much easier. Without having to use a fifo version (those put there set to have parallel port io which wastes 8 gpio ports IF YOU have them available)

Several people have posted example arduino code, though I'm unaware of a library.

I've ordered one to give it a go - sub £10 WiFi camera plus sensors, power controller, etc for each room in my home seems useful aim.

Interested if anyone else has tried yet ?
By tytower
#25845 I am up for connecting a camera for security purposes and recording video to an SD card or hard drive when movement is detected but I have not got there yet . I'll watch this thread and see what you do and see if I can help at all . Familiar with Arduino IDE programming . There is a thread dealing with SD cards running and I saw the camera mentioned previously and there is a fellow working on a PIR thread also so it should be easy to piece them all together.
By RichardS
#25911 Video often posses a lot of issues due to the massive amount of data that they produce. Maybe as long as everything is DMA'd it might be good... otherwise you have a data stream of video information, SD card file writes, and pumping it out WIFI.... never an easy task! Hope someone can tackle it!

Richard.