Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By martinayotte
#27755 I've found the glitch : although I had already a 100uF capacitor connected to VCC, it was badly inserted in the breadboard, and it was the VCC pin itself that was so sensitive to touch. As soon as I've insert the capacitor correctly, the problem was gone.
By eriksl
#28690 Brave to mention your own screw-up ;)

I've been using two ESP-201's without problems, so it couldn't be a generic problem.

Often people forget to pull GPIO-15 down because it's not necessary on other boards but I couldn't imagine you forgetting that.
By martinayotte
#28946 This board didn't last 2 weeks ! :(
When I've received it, I had to reverse the 4 pins header for serial.
At this first day, I've already seen bad quality of the board, the solder pad were easily ripped off, but I've got the serial pins soldered again. But after usage, it didn't last, yesterday, seeing bad serial connections, I figure out that the soldering broken again, pad lifted on the other side. I've tried to fix it, although the serial lines seems to be Ok, the module is in kind of weird state, even previous uploaded sketch doesn't not run. I will try to figure out, but I'm thinking to throw it in the bin. :(
By eriksl
#28959 Hmmm, apparently there is a bad batch then. Mines (from a few months ago) are working just fine. Also no flimsy contacts. I guess one needs to order the same module from different shops instead of a bunch from one shop. At least that's what I always do, given Chinese Quality ;)