Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By mampomat
#31385 I am controlling power to my ESP-7 board with a P-channel MOSFET and I have strange phenomenon that only occurs after power has been completely turned off for about 1 day. When I first boot up the ESP after a lengthy period it does not enter normal mode, but seems to hang. Normally my test program simply toggles an LED, but in this case the LED simply flickers very dimly (I guess it is floating?). I could not yet determine what the serial output is in that case because it does not happen every time (and I have to wait for at least a day between tests). After a reset it will boot up normally every time. I have pulled up/down all the important pins (0,2,15) and there is a 100nF cap close to Vcc. Has anyone experienced similar problems?
Right now I am trying to identify whether the same problem will occur if I leave out the MOSFET (which is part of my soft latching power switch). Results pending...
Could it be that the GPIO pins have not reached a stable state when power is first applied? If so how can I delay power to Vcc?

Cheers
Jerome