Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By feanor
Barnabybear wrote:Hi, it sounds like your still in flash mode for some reason. Check the voltage on GPIO 0.
In flash mode AT commands will not work.
When flashed a sketch will run on completion even if GPIO 0 is still low (i.e. still in flash mode) however if powerd off or reset you would need to flash again in order to run it.
Best guess - a short somewere.
Is the button normaly open?

Thanks for the hint. It does look like it. I will measure GPIO0 voltage later and post the results. The button is NO and, anyway, at first I tried a more basic setup without a flash button.
A short to ground sounds likely. After all, it is cheap stuff (well... I paid like 10 bucks in Argentina, but I found similar components in Aliexpress for something like 2).
I will also measure continuity from GPIO0 to ground with the DVM. It is a very basic test and it should show a short in no time...
By feanor
Barnabybear wrote:Hi, it sounds like your still in flash mode for some reason. Check the voltage on GPIO 0.
In flash mode AT commands will not work.
When flashed a sketch will run on completion even if GPIO 0 is still low (i.e. still in flash mode) however if powerd off or reset you would need to flash again in order to run it.
Best guess - a short somewere.
Is the button normaly open?

OK. I have a solid short to ground. I couldn't see where it is (most likely inside the shield). I could try to decap it, because I doubt that the guys that sold me the module will honor any kind of warranty... Any advise on how to do it to be able to close it again?