Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Barnabybear
shoelessone wrote:Thanks for the reply! Those seem very interesting, and possibly perfect. Sorry if this is dense, but the idea with these is you actually just add a power cord and then plug them directly into the wall? i.e. no "wall wart" what so ever?

That might be great (even more like a "real" product!) for the project - only thing I guess is that for servicing, it might be nice if I could "unplug" the power from the actual box (as apposed to having a cable permanently attached ot it, if that makes sense).

And I am in Chicago, IL in the USA.

Correct they even have 1000uF on the output - the only down side is that they are that small ( 1 1/4" x 3/4" x 3/4" ) they don't have mounting holes - you have to use the power input / output connection holes to fix the to another board, but thats not a problem.
By shoelessone
#32110 After thinking about it a bit more, I'm not exactly sure how I'd mount this in a solid way. I was thinking I could 3D print a small holder for it, but 1. that's a pain and 2. if somebody yanks on the power cable I might have troubles :(.

Now I'm back to something i can "plug in" with a wall wart that handles some of the heavy lifting.