Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By lethe
#38610 I can't decipher the markings of the resistor from your photobut someone pointed out in another thread, that there are broken adapter boards being sold by some vendors.
Of the 3 resistors on the bottom edge, the middle one is supposed to be have 0 Ohm (dead short). It in series with the supply pin and supposed to be removed, if you mount a voltage regulator on the back. Some boards have a 10k resistor like the other 2 mounted there. You can fix the board if you remove the resistor an bridge the pins with a blob of solder or piece of wire.
By dicamarques
lethe wrote:I can't decipher the markings of the resistor from your photobut someone pointed out in another thread, that there are broken adapter boards being sold by some vendors.
Of the 3 resistors on the bottom edge, the middle one is supposed to be have 0 Ohm (dead short). It in series with the supply pin and supposed to be removed, if you mount a voltage regulator on the back. Some boards have a 10k resistor like the other 2 mounted there. You can fix the board if you remove the resistor an bridge the pins with a blob of solder or piece of wire.

On one board it reads with my multimeter [4.8k,4.8k,9.8k], on the other one [9.8k,9.8k,9.8k], and the funny thing is that they are from the same factory, because they where attached to each and i had to separate them...

Just tested with a wire and thats the issue. Thanks you