Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Anubis801
#72756 I found a bug on the UART pass through firmware.
When you change the baud rate with "AT+IPR=9600" and power off the module,
it becomes unresponsive to any command on its RX line,
and it also defaults to a baud rate of 74880.

To recover from this a fresh firmware flash is needed.

With regards,
Andrea Campagnolo
By Spectraham
#87568 I to have a problem with these small little devices. The first one I bricked was completely my fault, (well I guess they all are anyway)
I bought two more from Mouser, Got them in this afternoon. I was able to use 115200 BAUD and use AT+GMR to see the version. After using AT+IPR=9600, I bricked another(#2).

Hooked up and found the correct AT command AT+UART_DEF=9600,8,1,0,0 (and AT+UART=9600,8,1,0,0). But I used AT+UART=9600,8,1,0,0 and now seem to brick #3 After 3 and wasting this much time. I give up. Not going to waist more time and $$ on something I can't get the proper commands unless someone know how to recover these two or a good way to re-flash them with little trouble.
By Spectraham
#87569 Hi Andrea,
Do you have a good site for the best program and instruction to reflash these ESP modules? I first used a wrong AT Command the found the correct one and that seemed to trash the 3rd one I have. The first one I messed with I ended up trying to reflash the first time until I leaned I only had to change the BAUD rate. Now got three that are trashed modules.
Marty