Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By gregware
#38451 The Witty uses SmartConfig/AirLink to establish the first connection (supported by the ESP SDK?). This is a hack that uses UDP packets length to somehow encode the SSID/PW that you provided to the GizWits UI...

I've recorded what I found out about ESP Witty here: https://gregwareblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/10/esp-witty/
By Eyal
#38479 I had this module for a short while now. I flashed it with nodemcu-firmware as I have no interest in what it had on board.

I found that the usual gpio16<->reset connection to allow wakeup by RTC is not there, and I could not find any jumpers/pads to allow me to make this connection.

Also, if after putting my software on the board and removing the programming board, I run it with power connected to vcc/gnd pins, I have some problems:

1) the vcc pin is 5v going through an inefficient LDO, and no direct access to feed 3.3v.
2) no spare pwr/gnd pins to attach other devices.
3) no reset button on board (it is on the programming board).

I mention this in case people expect this board to be as easy to use for development as the nodeMCU board, which it is not.

HTH
By lord_alan
#39513 I bought on of these off eBay the other day. Cost just £4.49 which I thought was a bargain.

I have flashed one of these with a new build of nodeMCU and am trying to read the LDR using LUA but
Code: Select allprint(adc.read(0))
always returns 65535 :-(

Anyone got any bright ideas?

TIA

Al
By lord_alan
Eyal wrote:I found that the usual gpio16<->reset connection to allow wakeup by RTC is not there, and I could not find any jumpers/pads to allow me to make this connection.

Just FYI, the wiring is pretty easy to do this. See attached link to image:

https://goo.gl/photos/QJJZp6tuqa1L3kDh7

I just did this this morning and it seems to work fine using a simple test like:

Code: Select allsleep_time = 10 * 1000 * 1000
node.dsleep(sleep_time)

Then watch the serial out and see it start-up after 10 seconds :-)