Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By TheQuestor
#44059 Hola.

I'm trying to figure out this darn ESP-12E and it is driving me batty.

Using this pinout
882680026.png

I am able to flash it just fine using any of the flashers [NodeMCU/FLASH DOWNLOAD TOOLS v2.4/ETC] and it flashes fine.
itflashes.PNG

But now I can't figure out how to get it out of flash mode and get it to boot normally so I can play around with it.
I don't have this issue with any of the other dozen modules I have [ESP02/ESP03/ESP07/ETC] but this one has me stumped.
There is some writing in Chinese concerning GPIO15 via 1k resitor and GPIO0going to ground but I don't read Chinese :(

What do I need to disconnect to take it out of flash mode?

TIA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By xtal
#44068 I like to use the following simple circuits
--simple reset----SW momentary----680R-------GND
--better 3.3--pullup--reset-------680R-------GND
==============================|----small cap--GND

3.3V---small LED--680R---|GPIO-0|---680R----SW on/off------GND
have used---------810R---|GPIO-0|---1500R---SW on/off------GND
Usually after reset LED glows Brightly.
Sw on then reset LED glows DIM..after flash LED goes Bright[Arduino]
Arduino is running
By TheQuestor
martinayotte wrote:GPIO2 and GPIO0 needs PullUps to enable normal execution mode.

Thanks for this as it got me in business :) but GPIO0 is the only one that needs switched it seems. I don't have anything connected to GPIO02 at all and now it works by just switching GPIO0 from low to high to go from flash to normal boot and switching it back from high to low to enter flash mode leaving everything else the way it is setup via that schematic I attached in my first post.

So what I have now is
RST > 3v
CH_PD > 1k > 3v
VCC > 3v

GND > GND
GPIO15 > 1k > GND
GPIO > GND = Flash or > 3v = Normal

And so far, with NodeMCU it works perfect as expected.

I really like the memory on this ESP12e :)