Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By sueche
#23735 Hello,

I am facing the same problem with GPIO2 switching during reboot down/up.
The schematics:
The difference is that I am using ESP-201 instead of ESP-01 but it would not matter.
(My connections assume that there's no link between transistor base and GND and the logic is reversed - '0' means 'ON' and '1' means 'OFF').
Does anybody have an idea how to avoid this in my case ?
By ChrixXenon
#28695 I am reluctant to scrape the gunk off the resistors to see which one to bypass - but I suppose it's the low-power one on the left bottom corner, if you have the input terminals side downwards.

I found another way around this not-quite-switching-at-3.3v - turn up the supply voltage on the ESP. Mine started switching the SSR OK at around 3.38 volts.

However, it failed shortly afterwards. seems too low to blow it, but I'm reluctant to try another one. Still - I really would rather not mess with the insides of the Fotek.

Any other ideas? My device will be powere dby a 5V wall wart, so I have 5V at hand. I could switch that to the SSR via a MOSFET driven by the 3.3v-powered ESP, maybe?