Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By quantalume
#5475 I'm not intimately familiar with the Xtensa architecture. Might there be some way in the future to have additional ADC inputs with the appropriate SDK and firmware changes? I was thinking about designing a small board which would accept an ESP-12 and would also have an analog mux like a 74LV4051 (8 inputs) or a TI TS5A3357 (3 inputs). I won't bother if there's a chance we might be able to reconfigure GPIO through firmware soon...
By martinayotte
#5487 Of course, that should be simple ! But that doesn't require anything to be added to current SDK, it is purely on the side of user_app.
If the sampling rate is not an issue, I would suggest to put the 4051 addressing on a GPIO extender such as MCP23017, it is an I2C chip that can be controlled from the ESP8266 using only 2 of its GPIOs, providing new 16 GPIOs, where only 3 is needed to be hoookup to the 4051, the remaining can be used for any other ideas we can have ... ;)
By Sjaak
#5498 If you add an i2c device i would add an ii2c adc with multiple inputs. That would possible solve thr issue of sampling only when the wifi is down.

Dunno if rf interfere with all adc though.