Here we can all chat about fixing the AT+ command structure and the associated responses.

By cpct
igrr wrote:...

Thanks for the detailed explanation! I will indeed use it with a microcontroller (Tiva TM4C) and a state machine, but I have not figured out how to efficiently/cleanly implement it. I was thinking of going into wait state after each command, and using an interrupt to wait for he appropriate response (OK/ERROR/...) or unsollicited responses. Then setting the state back to something as 'ready' again. You have any suggestions on the host side implementation?

igrr wrote:By the way,
So was this the VM that comes from Espressif? If so, i can close this issue, https://github.com/igrr/atproto/issues/3, didn't have time to try the VM myself.

Yes the one from espressif. I followed your instructions on patching the ints definition, changed the paths in the target.mk, installed esp tool .deb and then it worked immediately :)

I was wondering if it is technically possible to have a server mode and client connection working at the same time? Because in my application, I periodically need to update time over NTP. I could probably implement this by switching modes for short time.

Again, thanks for your work on this!