Here we can all chat about fixing the AT+ command structure and the associated responses.

By igrr
#2011 You're welcome! Thanks for trying it out.
I would actually appreciate if you file those suggestions as issues against my github repo, otherwise i might forget ;)

It is possible to set static IP on STA interface, but not with Espressif's API which i'm using right now. If I rewrite the tcp/udp commands on top of lwIP, this will certainly be possible. But i can't give an estimate when this will happen.

Filtering is certainly possible for TCP (though TCP server does not yet work in my firmware), just ignore connections coming from unwanted IPs.
For UDP there's probably an additional command that has to be introduced, like +CIPUDPFILTER="ip address" or something like that.

GSN command prints serial number returned by system_get_chip_id function from the SDK. Comparing my serial with MAC address (returned by +CIPSTAMAC? command) I believe MAC is also generated from this serial number.
By picstart1
#2013 Wow grr,
Finally some structure to the esp8266 AT+ zoo. The wiki that correlates the AT+ commands to the firmware is refreshing. With expressif (and this may be unkind) it seems that their coders document) as an after thought perhaps believing code is documentation enough.
Thanks for taking this on.
By picstart1
#2022 I tried grr's latest bin's 0x00000.bin and 0x40000.bin and flashing using esp8266_flasher.exe ...they flashed but the 0x00000 bin didn't finish only reaching 96% and leaving the blue led solid.
The same flasher works fine with expressif bins....Are there dependencies between the format of the bins and the flasher which must be used?
By igrr
#2033 I had this issue at some point, resolved it by moving some functions out of iram (which basically made 0x00000.bin smaller).
Will check the current version tonight, maybe I forgot to test it before uploading.

edit: Moved some functions to icache, now it uploads without issues, at least with esptool.py. Updated binaries are uploaded.