Here we can all chat about fixing the AT+ command structure and the associated responses.

By ritesh
#35346 I have compiled AT firmware and successfully flashed & started AT firmware on my ESP-WROOM-02 Module.

I have configured my module as STA mode and AP mode individually which works fine without any issue.

Now, I want to create bridge between STA and AP mode to access external network from STA to AP bridge connection.

Example:-

I have configured my module as AP mode and am able to ping "www.google.com". After that, I have configured my module as bot AP+STA mode and connected my mobile with my module. DHCP server or both STA and AP mode are enabled and I got "192.168.1.X" ip.

But, I can not access google page or external internet access.

Please let me know any clue or settings to access external network.

Regrads,
Ritesh Prajapati
By martinayotte
#35368 This is certainly NOT possible with the current AT firmware !
It could be possible with custom firmware, although no body did it yet, since it needs to be done at very low level in LWIP layer. Normally, for proper implementation, it should be done in hardware, and there is a rumour that newer ESP32 will have such capability.
By ritesh
#35411 Hi martinayotte,

Thanks for Reply.

So, It seems that there is no any support in AT firmware as well as in ESP-WROOM-02 Hardware to create bridge between AP and STA mode using which I can connect my mobile device to external network through AP mode.

Is there any way to create bridge in ESP-WROOM-02 Wifi Module from Hardware Side or from Custom Firmware?

Please let me your feedback as quickly as possible.

Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati