A place to put your YouTube video that is ESP8266 related.

By HermannSW
McChubby007 wrote:I have been meaning to reply to this topic for some time now, and keep telling myself 'no!'. I'm sure some of you will consider me over-sensitive or just plain grumpy (I am!) but do you really think it is sensible to entitle a post with the word 'bomb' in it? Really?

Thanks for speaking up.

Not only are you quite possibly pricking the ears of your local spooks, but any idiot with a half-idea to use a real aerial release bomb, be it small or not, may be encouraged by this post (and yes, I know that there's material all over the place, but that does not make it right).

Agreed. Reason for the title was as you stated as well, that "servo bomb drop" is the standard terminology for postings/youtube videos on what really is a "servo release machanism".
I started my work based on "Bomb Drop Servo Release Mechanism" youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbGKbdtU3bk

I don't imagine for a moment that you are doing anything malicious nor intend to offend; I am a Londoner and ex-Army so I'm a bit sensitive. I am not looking for a load of reply-attitide on this matter from anyone as it is an emotive subject, I just wished to air my thoughts and give some advice.

Unfortunately this esp8266.com forum unlike the many other forums I post to does not even allow me to edit my postings, even if I just have posted them and find a typo. So I cannot change.
I would change title based on your posting to if I was able to:
"Wireless ESP01s payload drop servo works reliably from lipo"

On my intent for doing all this you are right, I do not plan anything malicious.
I want to kick out a drone lost in 10m high tree (while searching for RC airplane lost in a 20m high tree, really) by dropping payload on it from the top. E52 drone found the lost white drone with camera directed downwards by vertical camera mod (passing from top right to top left):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=190407&sid=f3ad935e54b6d974221f32d62db54fdc&start=25#p1356712
Last edited by HermannSW on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
By QuickFix
HermannSW wrote:Unfortunately this esp8266.com forum [...] does not even allow me to edit my postings

You must be doing something wrong: I just double checked with an old posting of mine (that also has follow ups by others) and I'm able to edit my post without a problem. :roll:
EditPost.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by QuickFix on Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By HermannSW
QuickFix wrote:You must be doing something wrong: I just double checked with an old posting of mine (that also has follow ups by others) and I'm able to edit my post without a problem. :roll:

Thank you, I must have overseen the Edit option.
I did change 22 "bomb" mentions in my postings in this thread, mostly the titles (I had to change title for each single posting).
I did change the youtube video title in initial posting of this thread as well.
I cannot change "bomb" in McChubby007's posting, nor in your posting :)
I will not change "bomb" in my previous reply to McChubby007 as that discussion is needed.

McChubby007 wrote:Not only are you quite possibly pricking the ears of your local spooks, ...

I am aware of being on spooks lists, at least because of this retweet ;-)
https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/663822315227074560

P.S:
Just eliminated 9x"bomb" on my "wireless-control-Eachine-E52-drone" github project as well:
https://github.com/Hermann-SW/wireless-control-Eachine-E52-drone
By HermannSW
#78495 No more simulation, I superglued the servo to the undersurface of E52 drone, superglued the ESP32s with connectors to the back of drone, and the lipo and step-down converter fit into the trunk of drone (if drone is not upside-down). I did superglue the cable to undersurface of drone as well. Superglue because a) strong hold and b) minimal weight. Next will be airborne drop tests: