A place to put your YouTube video that is ESP8266 related.

By j0hncc
JeffT wrote:Thanks Hermann - I looked at that link and the components there. It might not be suitable for me because the datasheet says The L293 is designed to provide bidirectional drive currents of up to 1 A at voltages from 4.5 V to 36 V. I'm looking at a maximum of 3A which is well above the 1A the L293 can handle. Maybe a mosfet would work instead? Any idea on a circuit that allows an esp8266 to drive a mosfet that can handle 3A or more?

Maybe you should look at the thread "$5 WiFi LED Dimmer Design", I think he was driving several amps...
By jefazo666
HermannSW wrote:Hi Jeff,

please see the diagram in this other thread:
http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3582

I still have problems, but the motor controller will allow you to do what you plan.

Hermann.

Hi HermannSW,

I am very interested in this topic. I am trying to control a dc motor through wifi using esp-8266 Rev-12. Currently the wifi communication works fine but the esp-12 does not manage to provide power enough to the l293D. If I try the same circuit on the arduino it works fine. This is probably because L293d uses 5V in the enable and Vin pins. I have actually tried to power with the arduino the pins Enable and Vin, and apply the Esp-12 PWM on the high input, and it tries to move the motor, but it does not have power enough, even when applying a full HIGH signal.

Do you know about any other dc motor Driver that can work with 12-18V DC motors and is driven by 3.3 V ?
Or maybe how can I find one?

I was thinking about creating a new post, but I found this topic first.
thanks for your answer in advance.
By AdrianM
JeffT wrote: Maybe a mosfet would work instead? Any idea on a circuit that allows an esp8266 to drive a mosfet that can handle 3A or more?

For example:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=21703.0

I wouldn't bother with R1, connecting the Gate direct to the ESP8266 and use 22K for R2 to ensure the mosfet gate can't float for any significant amount of time if the GPIO is undefined.

The choice of mosfet is important. It has to be logic-level gate variety. Have a look at this one for a reasonable example. VGS(th) Gate Threshold Voltage is 2.5V max so it should realise the minimum resistance between Drain and Source when on.