Questions with regards to ESP8266 Basic and hardware interfacing and control via Basic commands

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#50076 Got one in the mail today figured out how to load basic to it fairly easily ...

One thing to note this thing can only sustain about 120 watts of power safely as is per relay.

Good to know this don't try to go overboard and run something big with this it would be great for lighting or possibly small devices but don't try to control anything too power hungry with this thing.

I bought mine for a specific purpose that fits the bill and hope that it works as I envision.

If you want it to handle more power you can beef up the traces quite a bit with some solder because the relays are actually capable of handling more power safely but according to specs the traces at current are not.

Just be very cautious I would hate to see someone try to over load this thing and start their home on fire etc...

I programmed my board without the AC being connected with USB to ttl running espbasic version 3.8 as we speak!

To program board here is how:
Hook 5v of TTL to 5V on board
Hook GND to GND
Hook RX to TX
Hook TX to RX
Using female to female dupont jumper wires.

Once hooked up plug in to USB3.0 port.
Open Basic Flasher
Hold down Button 2 on the board this will GND GPIO 0
Keep holding Button 2 and unplug 5v from TTL and replug jumper
Keep Holding Button 2 and hit firmware flash
Keep holding for 10 seconds longer then let go
Wait as basic finishes flashing .
Once finished Unplug 5v jumper from TTL and replug
Now wait about a minute and scan your wifi you should see a WIFI that says ESP
Connect to ESP
Visit page 192.168.4.1
Go to settings page and enter your settings and save.

Enjoy