Questions with regards to ESP8266 Basic and hardware interfacing and control via Basic commands

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Electroguard
#56958 Here's 'yet another' oriental ESP-8266 based Relay board.
It's not in a case like the Sonoff or Electrodragon, and is a bit more expensive (£7), BUT it may have some advantages over those others.

If I'm not a mile out deciphering the translation, it appears to be an ESP-8266 controlled isolated 10A Changeover Relay board, capable of switching MAINS voltage... but not necessarily limited to mains, therefore could be used for switching low voltages instead. It also appears that the low voltage power supply input is very tolerant of the voltage supply (from 7v to 30v), making it potentially well-suited for real-world applications - including vehicles (12v or 24v).

I can see vacant holes for TX, RX, Gnd, and Reset (so flashing with ESP_Basic shouldn't be a problem), but I don't think it has provision for connecting to gpios (although it looks hackable) so I guess it's just intended for remote switching applications - for which it may be well-suited, and at least offers another potential tool for the use of.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-1Pcs-Green-ESP8266-10A-220V-Network-Relay-WIFI-Module-Input-DC-7V-30V-65x40x18mm/32716286119.html?scm=1007.13338.49930.0&pvid=24cad7a1-80c5-42a4-9b96-126d16965677&tpp=1
By stern0m1
By Electroguard
What do you think about the linknode r4 and linknode r8?

Yes, they look handy and affordable so I've just ordered one.

I have used the linknode r4 to remote start my car...

Well, presumably you weren't using them as jump leads, so you'd better spill the beans...
By stern0m1
#59416 Every car is different. The basic concept is that there are a few wires that need to be connected to start a car. Typically under the stearing wheel there is a wiring harness going to the ignition lock. Attaching the wires to relays allows for programmically starting.