Questions with regards to ESP8266 Basic and hardware interfacing and control via Basic commands

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Alberto_2
#75201 I purchesed 5 nodemcu 12 and I wanted to upload espbasic on a couple in order to start with a new project I have in mind. All five boards did work once connected to the usb port of my PC ( I could see the esp listed on my phone wifi list with maximum strengh of radio signal. So I started to upload espbasic using the 2 M size. Everything was proceeding well, with the blue led blinking. At the end of the process I have got a garbled text. Resetting the garbled text was repeted and the bad thing is that the board was silent, no more radio signal was available. I repeated the uploading several times with no avail. So thinging that it could be a bad board I tryed with a second board than the third and I ended up with 5 non working board!

Can somebody tell me what I did wrong, apart the fact I should not try with all five? Is there a way to recover these five board or They are lost for ever? If the answer is "they can be re-flashed" then how can I do that?

Any help will be gratly appreciated. Thank you.

Alberto
By rudy
#75202 Try flashing them with the 4M memory setting. Could you provide a link to the boards you bought? As far as I know the nodemcu boards came with 4M parts. If 4M doesn't work then try 1M. There have been some recent modules in the ESP-12 size with 1M parts. I didn't think these were used in the nodemcu boards but new boards come out and it is one way to cut a few pennies off the price. (a crappy way)
By Alberto_2
#75209 Thank you Rudy for the quick reply!

The problem has been solved simply using the nodemcu firmware programmer in place of the espbasic programmer. Don't know the reason but the 4M build uploaded with nodemcu programmer works, using the original programer the build doesn't work! Well good to know it, if sombody else will face the same trouble (I didn't sleep all night googling for a solution)

Alberto